Friday, November 10, 2006

Holy Snow!

So I woke up this morning around 7 and saw a nice coating of snow on the ground. I went back to sleep. I woke up again at 8:30 and it was snowing very hard. It was actually a "thundersnow." Yes, that is apparently a word...and it's when there's thunder and lightning when it's snowing. Apparently it's pretty rare. [I TOLD you it was thunder, Sarah!] Around 11:30 I stuck a ruler through the snow on our deck and it's now just over 11 inches!! The local news just said Rochester has about 9 inches...so I don't know if the wind blew extra on our deck or if it's just snowing more in this area of Rochester. Anyway, the roads are supposedly horrid and I'm supposed to leave in a few hours to visit Sarah in Madison. :( They're advising no travel. Man. Now I have to decide what to do. What should I do???

I shoveled our driveway this morning when there was about 8 inches of snow on the ground. My God, was that a chore. I enviously watched other people in the neighborhood snowblowing away while I was toiling with a shovel. My arms are sore.

4 Comments:

At 11/10/2006 4:53 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Thanks for pushing through. I'll make your toil worth the trouble.

 
At 11/10/2006 7:00 PM, Blogger Candy said...

Holy Schnikes! 11 inches!! I can't even imagine that here right now...it's been in the 70s the past two days here. I don't think I realize how late in the year it actually is because the weather is warmer here.

 
At 11/12/2006 5:44 PM, Blogger L. Sanchez said...

Holy crap. That's it. Also: you're a geek for measuring the snow. And you're an UBER geek for PHOTOGRPAHING it. Never change. Geek.

(Just kidding, Emily's Mom.)

 
At 11/13/2006 11:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

jesus. yep, i have been in balmy 70 degree weather. i'm really looking forward to shoveling out my car.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home