Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas, Christmastime Is Here
Time for joy and time for cheer!

I hope everyone had a nice Christmas this year; providing you celebrate Christmas, that is. As far as I know, everyone who reads this blog does, but whatev.

Christmas greetings from Joleen and Sunny. Bastards. :)
_____________________________________________

Not everyone is happy to see Santa.
__________________________________

Christmas cookies I got to eat, but didn't have to help make.
____________________________________

This was the one day a year when I go to church. They changed it up this year--I think it's been the same since I can remember, but it was very much more geared to kids this year. Which did make it a bit more interesting, I have to say. No long-ass sermons or speeches or whatever. What exactly is a litany, anyway?

Looking out the window and seeing Rudolph in our backyard. Aka my dad with a flashlight with red tissue paper over it hiding behind our pine trees. This was quite the hit.
_____________________________________________

The impossible task of taking Christmas photos with little kids.
_____________________________________________

Me and all my nieces.
__________________________________________

Well, they are called stockings. I think she looks like a musketeer.
______________________________________________

All the family came over to our (aka my parents') house on Christmas Eve. Except for Joleen and Sunny and Beck and her husband Joe and their new(ish) baby. As per tradition, our family opens our presents on Christmas Eve. Except for the ones from Santa. They get opened on Christmas morning. Gifts were opened, cheer was had. Food was eaten, potables were consumed. Grandma got a ton of bird items, Grandpa got a ton of word searches. Riley was all keyed up and kept running up to Jenna (cousin of mine) and yelling directly into her face, "Muffin Apple!" We have no idea why she was yelling this. It may not have been "muffin apple," but that's what it sounded like.
All the cousins, sans a few who couldn't make it.
_____________________________________

The adult table.
___________________________________

The overflow adult table.
____________________________________

It's present opening time!
_____________________________________

After the extended family left, more presents were opened:

_____________________________________

Christmas morning. Santa came!

I got a PlayStation 2 and Rock Band. It's awesome. My obsessive compulsiveness kicked in and I HAD to keep playing it until I had unlocked all the songs. I think I dried out my eyeballs and they've been bloodshot for a few days now. My mom is really getting into both Rock Band and Sing Star. My dad, surprisingly, is having none of it. Apparently, the lure of watching feel-good movies on Lifetime is stronger than his urge to play fake instruments. Go figure. And look--it's fun for people of all ages!


Note to self/blog readers: After/sometime around New Year's I should do a blog entry that's "A Year in Review." You may have to keep prodding me to do this. If you want it, that is. I'm a very lazy blogger when I'm at my parents' house. And I'd have to set up my computer. Which reminds me that I need to call Dell to fix my near death computer.

3 Comments:

At 12/28/2008 12:18 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Year in review! Year in review! Year in review!

I enjoyed your photos...that rudolph in the yard idea is sooo cute!

 
At 12/28/2008 6:27 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Crap, I forgot about having to do a year in review.

Shannon looks so much like Brighton in some of those pictures. One time I was like "Why is Brighton there?"

Was "Braden our grandson" there?

 
At 12/28/2008 10:26 PM, Blogger Emily said...

i agree that shannon and brighton share some similar features.

hehe. no, braden (and becky) was not present.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home