Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Hey, it's the last day of 2008!
I can't figure out what channel MSNBC is on. There are too many damn channels!!!

Remember back on December 31st, 1999 when The T.V. was playing New Year's celebrations all day long from the many time zones around the world? That was enjoyable. Remember the Y2K fear? That makes me laugh. Remember laying on the bathroom floor in Liz's house, puking in the toilet around the time the year 2000 rolled in? No? Oh, because that was me, not you. (apparently I'd had too much sparkling grape juice)

Hey, Joleen--how's 2009? Did you celebrate in style again this year, on a boat in Sydney harbour?

I just watched (15 minutes ago or so) Hong Kong ring in the New Year. I had to laugh, because they counted down in Chinese (obviously), but yelled "Happy New Year" in English. Hehe. Maybe they reserve saying it in Chinese for the Chinese New Year. When exactly is that, anyway? I don't care enough to look it up at the moment. But I'd wager it's around February 1st. Okay, now that I've wagered, I have to look it up. One moment, please...Okay, it's on January 26th. Not too far off. In case you are wondering, it will be the Year of the Ox. Both my parents are oxes.

Places I've celebrated New Year's: Rochester, Bigfork, Madison, South Korea, Puerto Rico, Minneapolis. Uhhh...I think that's it.

You Weigh In: Should I make some New Year's Resolutions, or is that lame/trite/stupid/pointless-because-I-have-no-gumption-and-can-never-get-myself-to-do-things-that-I-don't-really-want-to-do-anyway?

Decree: If you read this post, I command that you tell me one thing (or more, if you're an over-achiever) that you want me to do this next year. Bonus points if they're serious and doable.

6 Comments:

At 12/31/2008 3:01 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Hahahahaha, I loved that entry because of the "You Weigh In" thing. I'll think about it. P.S. Did we have that? Do you have an aversion now? Because I bought some today. I threw up whiskey 2 months ago and the thought of any type of alcohol makes me want to die.

My captcha is "hoonciab" which makes me think of Toonces.

 
At 12/31/2008 3:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should try and love your brother-in-law more(if that's possible). Oh and enter some sort of competition like Iron Chef, Ironman, Iron casting, whatever...

 
At 12/31/2008 3:29 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

I meant to say "Did we have sparkling grape juice?" I bought it at lunch and had to bring it in so it wouldn't freeze. Then I was worried that someone would think I brought in wine. I guess all I'd have to do is say, "No, it's sparkling grape juice. See?"

 
At 12/31/2008 5:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Resolve to not wear any UW-Madison shirts.

 
At 1/01/2009 9:25 AM, Blogger Candy said...

You should resolve to come visit me and Jake!

I think you should write your resolutions if you have things you definitely want to do or if there are things you want to do that other people can help you out with or encourage you to accomplish. I can help you come visit me and Jake, for example. Direct flights from Madison are $170 right now through the end of April...

 
At 1/01/2009 8:04 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Resolve to call Ben Obergon and complain about your neighbor's excessive noises in the wee small hours of the morning.

Resolve to come with me to an anti-Vanlentine's party on Feb. 13th!!

Resolve to write in "Remember the Time" once a month or more.

I'm going to make a recipe from a cookbook once a month. You say that isn't hard? You don't know me. I love the idea of cooking, but I'm not that talented. And I'm kind of lazy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home