Monday, August 13, 2007

Family Reunion at the Cabin

So, last week or so my family spent a week or so at our cabin. I was there, my parents were there, my grandma was there, my uncle and 2 cousins were there for part of the time, another uncle for a while, Brian and Shannon and Riley and Nora, and Joleen and Sunny and Wicket were there.

I don't recall anything specific worth mentioning about it at the moment. But I am putting my favorite pics up for you to view if you so wish.

_____________________________________________

Picture of the kids, grandkids, and grandma--I personally love how Brian is wearing a life jacket. You never know when the deck may flood!



There was a bald eagle flying around our bay the whole week, setting up camp in a nearby tree. Whenever we saw it out and about we had to make sure Wicket was not running wild--perfect food for a bald eagle! On another note, our cabin is on Eagle Point Road...the road was named by my grandpa!



We don't have a bathtub in our cabin (only a shower), so when I was young I had to take a bath in the kitchen sink. Here's Nora having a bath in the aforementioned sink. Hygienic? Whatev...



Sunny was all excited about playing his banjo on the dock of the bay. I love how Sunny and Joleen's carry-ons for their flight to Minnesota were a banjo and a dog. What a bunch of weirdos. :) Sunny's pretty good at playing the first 10 seconds of 'Dueling Banjos.'

My eldest niece, Wicket. Is she not the most adorable thing ever? She's now up to 3 lbs. What a tubbo.



My dad bought a jet ski earlier this summer, so we got to have a lot of fun on that. It was about time we bought another aquatic vehicle...the speed boat we had was used when my grandpa bought it...when my mom was in high school. So our jet ski is nice and it has enough power to pull skiers and tubers, so that's good. Plus, it's just fun to ride around on.



This picture just cracks me up. My dad on a floaty thing with a beer and a dog. Ahh, the good life...



So the bugs were kinda bad one night, so Brian decided to zip himself up in Riley's PlayHut. Then we laughed that it was called a play hut, because who would ever look at this and call it a hut?? No one, that's who.



I just love this picture because Riley looks like she's being raised by wolves. She absolutely loved playing in the dirt. I dubbed her theme song "I Like Dirt" by The Red Hot Chili Peppers. Then I kept singing it ("I like dirt, I like dirt"). She then started saying, "I like dirt!"

One of my favorite pastimes was trying get her to repeat things I said. She likes repeating me. Which means I also have to keep my foul sailor-mouth in check when she's around!



Joleen and Sunny. 'Nuff said.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home