Sunday, September 28, 2008

Are You Sick Of Me
talking about Her yet?

I'm watching video of Sarah Palin being interviewed by Katie Couric. Aside from it being very entertaining (especially her response on how being able to see Russia from Alaska actually strengthens her international relations credentials), I found this part of the tête-à-tête very humorous:

KC: What lessons have you learned from Iraq, and how specifically will you try to spread democracy throughout the world?

SP: Specifically, we will make every effort possible to help spread democracy for those who desire freedom, independence, tolerance, respect for equality. That is the whole goal here in fighting terrorism; it's not just keeping the people safe, but to be able to usher in democratic values and ideals around the world. [mult. emph. mine]

Me: Yes. Thank you for that specific example. And you're for tolerance? Huh. I was not aware of that. As much as I'd like to say that I'm for tolerance, I must admit that I have an impossibly hard time tolerating YOU. (Who knew, right?)

And she must have used the term "shore up our economy" 7oo billion times.

You have no idea how much I'm looking forward to the vice-presidential debate on Oct. 2. I will be eating popcorn and having a grand ol' time. But probably on tape dealy, since I have class that night.

And while I'm at it, here's another article about Palin, courtesy of Sarah: The Rape Kit Controversy

1 Comments:

At 9/28/2008 11:46 AM, Blogger Candy said...

I can't wait to watch that debate either! You just know she's going to be a total train wreck. I wonder if she'll wimp out, like how McCain almost skipped out on this last one under the pretense of being too involved in the current economic bailout. I love how the GOP is keeping Palin under wraps and how they've only allowed her to give three interviews. They even know she's clueless. Kathleen Parker (of the conservative National Review) just called for her to step down. Check out the article:

http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=MDZiMDhjYTU1NmI5Y2MwZjg2MWNiMWMyYTUxZDkwNTE=

 

Post a Comment

<< Home