Friday, September 19, 2008

Timber!!!

I just had one of those moments when you're glad that no one else was around. I sat down in my chair. It's an swiveling and rocking armchair (but does not recline). I also had my computer on my lap. I have no idea what I did, but somehow the chair tipped over backwards, with me in it. Holding my laptop. As I'm tipping over I'm thinking, "Shit! I don't want to break my computer!" So I'm holding it up and hopefully out of the way of whatever may be coming, trying not to land on it. I whack the back side of my head on the corner of my end table. Ouch. I then felt like a total fool, "sitting" in my armchair while it's tipped completely over. Good news: computer completely unharmed. Also good news: so far as I can tell, no serious head injury. Although it does hurt when I touch it (the area right next to my ear). And I saw circling birdies for a while. It also took me like 5 minutes to extricate myself from the position. I was wedged in this corner surrounded by the chair, 2 tables, and a stack of books. And my computer.

I went on a walk today (it was SO nice outside) and saw a chicken walking around in someone's yard. It was weird.

Brighton just called. I should go now.

3 Comments:

At 9/19/2008 8:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha, you hurt yourself!!!

 
At 9/19/2008 8:09 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

LOL!!! Oh god, that sounds like something I would do. I am sorry I'm laughing at your misfortune, but hell, it's funny. Glad the computer's ok! And you of course!

 
At 9/19/2008 10:10 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

It was SO nice outside today!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home