Friday, August 22, 2008

Video Spamming
Apologies to the video-h8erz of the world

Presidential campaign TV ads. They make me want to vomit and/or throw something large and heavy at the TV. Like a grand piano, or something (I love a piany!).

There was this one blaming Obama for the high gas prices. WTF? Like, seriously. How could anyone actually believe this? Morons, that's who.

Then there's the one touting McCain as "the original Maverick." Uhhh...yeah. I can maybe see them claiming he was a plain ol' maverick, but the original maverick?? Ok, whatever you say.

Then there was that one saying that Obama was just a celebrity. And not just any celebrity--The Biggest Celebrity in the World. That's quite the claim. Which is also truly doubtful. This ad annoyed and confused me in many ways. First of all, he became famous through politics, not...acting, singing, or socialiting. And they randomly stuck in videos of Paris Hilton and Britney Spears, presumably comparing Obama to them. Huh?? My brain almost shut off at that point in self preservation. It seems so random. Then it completely switched tactics and veers off in a totally new accusational direction. It's just a very WTF?-inducing ad. Then I saw that Paris Hilton had responded to that ad with an ad of her own. Now, I'm not the biggest fan of Paris Hilton, but I have to say that this was pretty funny.

for your viewing pleasure, I have embedded the 2 clips for you--the original "Obama is like Britney and Paris" ad, and Paris's response ad. Enjoy!



See more Paris Hilton videos at Funny or Die

1 Comments:

At 8/25/2008 7:20 AM, Blogger Candy said...

I love that McCain didn't know how many houses he owns. Hilarious.

Jake and I went to the Outer Banks this weekend. We were listening to some local rock station and the DJ said, "I don't typically talk about politics, but Obama just picked his running mate. Joe Biden. Bidden? I don't know how to pronounce his name. I need to find out more about this." I laughed so hard. I was like, "Yes, lady, you probably shouldn't typically talk about politics when this is what you sound like when you do..."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home