Sunday, June 22, 2008

Tinfoil Postulations
The dangers of apartment living

There are new tenants in the apartment across from me--in the other apartment building, but we're facing each other and both have a second floor apt. Anyway, i have yet to actually see these people, but they are perplexing me because they have their windows covered with tinfoil. Why? I've come up with a few possible explanations:

1. They work at night and sleep during the day. The tinfoil on the windows keeps the sunlight out of their apt so they can sleep. Apparently, my parents did this when they lived in Alaska. Not because they worked at night, but because it was Alaska and it has weird-ass daylight/darkness hours in summer/winter.

2. They're drug dealers. Tinfoil on the windows completely blocks people from seeing what's going on inside, such as brewing meth or growing pot.

3. They're vampires and need to keep the sunlight out. Mildly related to #1. Kind of.

4. I was watching TV (watching is too strong a word...it was on and I happened to pay attention to the beginning of Criminal Minds). Anyway, my attention was drawn to the TV when it showed a creepy guy in a hooded sweatshirt inside his home, frantically taping tinfoil over his windows. Now, I'm not really watching the show and it's not over anyway, so I don't know what this guys deal is, but I DO know that directly after taping said tinfoil over his windows he went out, got a cab, shot the cabbie in the head, then stabbed him in the head via the ear and then broke the knife handle off. Eww.

So, they're either nightshift workers, drug dealers, vampires, or sadistic serial killers. For my sake, I hope it's #1. Anyone else have any theories?

2 Comments:

At 6/24/2008 10:54 AM, Blogger Auntie said...

You forgot about the whole aliens thing. Could be they are blocking out some sort of transmissions....

 
At 6/25/2008 5:53 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

there are a lot better ways to keep out sun than tinfoil. like curtains. that's weird.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home