Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Presidential Elections
Oh, how I love and loath thee

I'm watching the Republican National Convention right now. I almost vomited in my mouth just now. Mitt Romney is speaking. Holy shit, am I glad he's not the Presidential or VP candidate. Then again, I've just read some disturbing things about Sarah Palin. And no, it has nothing to do with her daughter (I have no issue with her 17-yr-old daughter being preggers, per se--it's more the hypocrisy that I'm sure will come out of Palin's mouth because of this).

Also, I'm laughing at the difference in sign slogans between the RNC and the DNC. Tonight, I'm seeing signs that read "Country First" and "Prosperity." The DNC featured signs that said "Change" and...I don't remember. Probably "Hope."

Said during RNC (slightly paraphrased):
Romney: Republicans believe there is good and evil in the world...McCain WILL defeat it!
Audience: USA! USA! USA!
Romney: Boy, that is for sure!

I just spotted a sign that said "ENERGY INDEPENDANCE!" Spelling mistake, not mine.

Sarah hates Rudy Guiliani with a vengeance. HEY! He just mentioned 9/11. I bet--as he was introduced--that he'd mention it. Although, tbh, he didn't call it 9/11, he called it "the attack on September 11th."

Anyway, apparently Palin describes herself as a "Bible-believing Christian." She has said that the Iraq war is God's plan. In regards to a proposed natural-gas pipeline in Alaska she said, "I think God's will has to be done in unifying people and companies to get that gas line built."

How about this quote:
"I can do my job there in developing our natural resources and doing things like getting the roads paved and making sure our troopers have their cop cars and their uniforms and their guns, and making sure our public schools are funded," she added. "But really all of that stuff doesn't do any good if the people of Alaska's heart isn't right with God."

BLAH.

Sarah wants Cindy McCain for president.

Just looked up at the TV (a half an hour later) to find that the RNC has been replaced by a documentary on circuses. Fitting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home