Wednesday, October 01, 2008

A Little Help Here
Where's the Info Lab in College Lib?

Where the hell is the computer lab in College Library? Because, in my mind's eye, all I can see are huge study rooms and bookshelves. Seriously. Is it in a separate room that you can't see from the main "hallway?"

Tipped off from Candy, here's a nice interview juxtaposing Palin with Biden. And giving yet another example of how idiotic Palin is:



1. Her filibustering around the question about which Supreme Court cases she disagrees with.
2. She calls herself a Federalist because she believes that states should have more rights. Umm, that's just wrong historically.

I'm SO excited for the debate tomorrow. I hope Palin doesn't disappoint and remains as stupid as ever. I'll have to tape it, though. I won't get home from class until 45 minutes in.

I was watching the McCain-Obama debate today (I've still only seen half), and aside from being super annoyed at the number of times both candidates compare "Wall Street" to "Main Street," I was really distracted by McCain talking about earmarks and pork barrel stuff. Namely, when he mentioned $3 million to study bear DNA in Montana. It seemed so bizarre (especially since he made some sort of comment about paternity suits) that I had to look it up. Turns out, this is true (not the paternity aspect). But it's to study the grizzly population in a part of Montana that includes Glacier Nat'l Park and the Bob Marshall Wilderness Complex. Grizzlies are a threatened species, and under the Federal Endangered Species Act, the gov't is supposed to identify and conserve threatened species--such as the grizzly. This project involved doing DNA testing on grizzly fur snagged on barbed wire to determine their numbers, since they inhabit a heavily forested area that makes is nearly impossible to count their numbers. So it's really not a good example of pointless pork-barrel spending. Besides the fact the McCain actually voted FOR the bill that this was included in. Whatev.

I also learned that Jim Lehrer has beady shark eyes and that I don't have a good handle on the difference between "strategy" and "tactics," even if both McCain and Obama do.

4 Comments:

At 10/02/2008 5:56 AM, Blogger Candy said...

Q: How could the American people do any worse than Bush?

A: Sarah Palin.

I can't wait for this debate...

 
At 10/02/2008 3:36 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

It's on the second floor of the main library. If you go in, go to the right, and go to the stairway that's on the right before the study area, go up one flight and the computer lab is on the right (directly above the study area). They have good A/V equipment there, but only on a few computers.

 
At 10/02/2008 3:37 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

"I also have a bracelet."

That is the single best quote that I will take away from that debate.

 
At 10/02/2008 5:17 PM, Blogger Emily said...

Sarah told me about the bracelet line, but I haven't seen that part yet. I'm eagerly anticipating it, however. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home