Saturday, November 01, 2008

If you believe in death, disgrace, or immorality, vote for Barack Obama!

I just got a RoboCall from the McCain campaign telling me that Obama loves abortions. Ok, not those words exactly, but pretty close. It ended with, "If you believe life, dignity, and values are important, vote John McCain." I guess I don't think life, dignity, or values are important as I will NOT be voting for McCain.

I've also gotten an increase in political mailing recently. All of the ones from the McCain campaign/RNC are strictly bashing Obama and don't even mention McCain. All the ones from the Obama campaign/DNC are about information on voting, making no mention of McCain. And the conservatives are claiming that Obama is being just as negative as McCain...

I went to a free Wilco concert on campus today--Concert For Change, or something. Wisconsin Senator Russ Feingold gave a short speech beforehand. The Russ Feingold of the McCain-Feingold bill (Campaign Finance Reform). He endorses Obama, not McCain. It ended with Representative Tammy Baldwin (lesbian representative of the district that includes Madison) giving a short speech and leading a march to the city/county building to vote early so people can help "get out the vote" on election day. I think the march was piteously attended.

I personally want to vote on November 4th, as it makes me feel like I'm "part of the day," if that makes sense. It's more exciting for me. But I'm going to have to go pretty early as I'm away from my house from 11:30 until after the polls close. And since the lines could be very long (they always say that, but I've rarely had to wait that long) I feel I should give myself plenty of time so I don't miss my bus or something.

Yay. Election day almost here!

3 Comments:

At 11/02/2008 7:34 PM, Blogger Candy said...

I voted early on Saturday. It took two hours...jeez! I think I waited longer than I would have if I went in on actual election day. But, I guess we'll see what the turnout is come Tuesday.

 
At 11/06/2008 12:34 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Wilco is obsessed with Obama. There was a funny thing about them the other day on AVC. Something about how Jeff Tweedy is really old and he actually died a few years ago.

 
At 11/06/2008 12:39 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Here it is:

whoa, that Jeff Tweedy is looking rough. Does he still have teeth?

Jeff Tweedy has been medically dead for 3 years. Which explains Sky Blue Sky.

dude looks a lot like emile hirsch.

His vocal cords are made of gold. He just looks a little too old. Also, Wilco for Secretary of ROCK!

They're totally going to get to play an inaugural party of some sort ... which even Wilco haters will have to agree is an improvement over Ricky Martin and Trace Adkins or whoever the heck W. convinced to perform.

I can't believe they woke him up from his nap just to take a picture. Jeff Tweedy: just rolling out of bed for 41 years.

not true. impossible germany is fucking awesome. incidentally, ive been enjoying wilco all day. after hearing war on war on the radio this morning, i realized that those dudes are exactly perfect for today.

I hope this means that no one will ever have to hear Daddy Yankee again for any reason, whatsoever.

Voice of gold? More like voice of rusted tin.

can you believe it?? our fucking president the united states listens to WILCO. how fucking awesome is that?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home