Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Are You Registered To Vote?
YES.

How Palin speaks really bothers me. I think it sounds like a really bad Minnesotan accent, and wondered if Alaskans just speak like Minnesotans. Well, my archives professor told me that she got her accent from growing up in an enclave of Minnesotans in Alaska. I thought that was interesting.

I don't think you can go 5 feet on campus without being stopped by a person with a clipboard and a yellow shirt asking if you're registered to vote at your current address. It's interesting how hard they're pushing this "you need to register if you've moved" thing since it doesn't really matter in Wisconsin. Wisconsin is one of the good states (along with Minnesota) that allows registration at the polls. Unless they feel that getting people to register early will make them more likely to actually vote when the day comes. "Well, I took the time to register, so I may as well vote." I guess it also would inform people of their new polling place. So they don't wake up on election day and think, "Crap. I don't know where I'm supposed to vote. I guess I just won't."

Some dude was walking down State St today holding Obama signs and yelling that Senator Kerry was going to be speaking on State St near the capitol in "half an hour...actually, right now!" I didn't go down and see what was up since I had school shit to do. It's weird I never heard about it except from random yelling man.

1 Comments:

At 10/17/2008 12:31 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

There is a pocket of Icelanders in Minnesota. I wonder if they speak with an Icelandic accent. That doesn't make sense.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home