Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Town Hall
Can kiss my ass

Apparently, McCain does best in this "town hall" format for debates. I find that he comes off as a bit of an asshole. He keeps interrupting Obama to interject stupid "jokes" and other comments. It makes me want to punch him in the face. I like how Obama basically ignores him when he does that.

And debates are pretty much 1.5 hour long political ads.

"He did this."

"He voted for this this many times."

"He's lying."

"I didn't do that, but he did this."

Yadda yadda yadda.

And for the record, yes, I am very disappointed that Palin didn't break down and cry in her debate with Biden. I still hate her.

I like McCain's tie. Brokaw has small eyes. That dude's wearing a pink shirt. I hate the name Putin. I think everyone should refer to him as Vladimir. Actually, I think I'll call him Vladimir Vladimirovich (that's his middle name). Does that room normally have red carpet and blue walls or was it redecorated just for the debate? Wasteful spending!!! Hey! Pink shirt dude is asking a question! I hate that Obama/McCain thank the people for asking the questions--"You know, that's a really great question and I'm glad you asked it." BLAH. KILL ME. If they go over their time limit they should get an electric shock. I HATE self-righteous talk that implies the USA engages in "conflicts" and whatnot in the name of spreading "freedom." Give me a goddamned break. We all know that's never the primary reason. I think Wicket's trying to dig a hole in my futon. Content aside, I enjoy listening to Obama much more than McCain. It bother me that the banner across the bottom of the TV screen says, "Presidential DEBATES." Is the all caps necessary, I ask? Quit yelling at me, man. That's NBC. Doing a quick scan of the other channels:
NBC: Presidential DEBATES (with a small vertical-running THE in front)
ABC: THE CANDIDATES DEBATE
CBS: PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE
FOX: *PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE '08*
PBS: No banner ::cheers::
WB: An episode of Friends with Ben Stiller.

Hey, there's Cindy McCain. She's wearing blue while John's wearing a red tie. Michelle's wearing red and Barack's wearing a blue tie. Hehe. Some dude's taking pictures with a disposable camera. Actually, everyone is. They must not have allowed cameras, but sold disposable ones inside at a kiosk or something. Had to pay for the carpet and paint somehow! Oh wait! I see a person with a digital camera. Intriguing...

ETA: Who the fuck is Pickens and wtf is his plan?? Ok, nevermind. I just wikipediaed it.

OMG. NBC is now fact-checking the debate, which in itself is fine...but they're calling the segment the "Truth Squad." Hahahahaha!!!

1 Comments:

At 10/08/2008 8:28 AM, Blogger Candy said...

Jake and I just about died when McCain called Obama "that one".

What was that?

"You know who voted for it? That whippersnapper over there...I can't remember his name..."

That was one of those awkward moments that differentiate the debates from the ads. I live for the awkward moments.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home