Friday, December 05, 2008

Name That Tune!

I snurched this from Liz. Shuffle your iTunes and and write the first line from the songs that come up. Then people guess the songs. Have at it!!!

1. When a man loves a woman, can't keep his mind on nothing else.
2. When I look into your eyes, I can see a love restrained.
3. Touch my skin and tell me what you're thinking.
4. I'm giving you everything, all that joy can bring.
5. No, no, no, no, don't phunk with my heart.
6. Look into my eyes, you will see what you mean to me.
7. All the leaves are brown and the sky is grey.
8. Don't look now, things just got worse.
9. Easily, let's get carried away.
10. I've got a hunger twisting my stomach into knots.
11. Wait a minute man, you mispronounced my name.
12. I just left her standing there, tangled thoughts and tangled hair.
13. Welcome to the jungle; we've got fun and games.
14. All of my love, all of my kissing, you don't know what you've been missing.
15. Daniel is traveling tonight on a plane.
16. That's all I wanted; something special, something sacred in your eyes.
17. Drink up baby doll; are you in or are you out?
18. She walks in the room and checks out the faces.
19. There she stood in the street, smiling from her head to her feet.
20. And so she woke up, woke up from where she was lying still.


Answers:


1. When a Man Loves a Woman - Percy Sledge. (Wow, that was hard) :)
2. November Rain - Guns 'N' Roses. (It only took 1:15 and a piccolo to get to this line)
3. Take My Hand - Dido
4. Say You'll Be There - Spice Girls
5. Don't Phunk With My Heart - Black-Eyed Peas (Can this get any easier?)
6. (Everything I Do) I Do It For You - Bryan Adams
7. California Dreamin' - Mama's and the Papa's
8. Everything Falls Apart - Dog's Eye View
9. Easily - Red Hot Chili Peppers
10. The Sound of Settling - Death Cab For Cutie
11. Right Through You - Alanis Morissette
12. I-90 - Chris and Johnny (Storyhill)
13. Seriously. If you don't know this, then I don't know what to tell you.
14. Oh Boy - Buddy Holly
15. Daniel - Elton John
16. Father Figure - George Michael
17. Let Go - Frou Frou
18. Bell Jar - Bangles
19. All Right Now - Free
20. Running to Stand Still - U2

I did hit next on a few, since I had an inordinate number of songs that had the title as their first lyric. Which seemed lame-o to me. I always laugh at myself when I do things like this, because I get embarrassed about a good number of my songs. One song that didn't make the cut (due to the first lyric being the title) was Meatloaf's I Would Do Anything For Love. Hahahaha!!! The other day while walking to the bus stop, Vanilla Ice came on. Wtf?? I had no idea I even had that! That said, I embarassingly enjoyed it.

2 Comments:

At 12/05/2008 4:51 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Ok, I'm doing this without looking.
1. When a man loves a woman
2. One of those power ballads. Firehouse? I almost said Mr. Big Red Fire Truck.
4. Say you'll be there by the Spice Girls
5. Black Eyed Peas something
6. Everything I do, I do it for you by...Bryan Adams?
7. California Dreaming by M&P
10. Sound of settling by Death Cab
11. Some Kanye song maybe?
13. Welcome to the jungle by GnR
14. Buddy Holly???
15. Rocket Man?

I don't know any others. Ok, now for the answers.

2. I can't believe I didn't get my "favorite" song.
13. LOL
14. YEAH!!!!!!!!!!

I also hit next on some because I had just downloaded some music and I had never listened to it, so I didn't think that was fair to me or my readers. ;)

It REALLY bothers me how you can't subscribe to comments unless you're already logged in.

 
At 12/05/2008 4:52 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Screw it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home