Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Missouri
No longer the bellwether state

Brighton, what's up with Missouri?? For shame. You guys really mis-read this one! :)

I see that Coleman currently has been declared the victor in the MN Senate race, with a whopping lead of...725 votes, or something. Which, per MN law, requires a recount. Maybe they'll find 1000 Franken votes laying in a box in a corner somewhere. Hey, a girl can hope...

It appears that California's Proposition 8 was passed. Ugh ugh ugh. What's the deal with the country being so damn homophobic? I look forward to the day when a black lesbian is elected president. At least California, South Dakota, and Colorado didn't pass their abortion referendums.

I randomly stumbled upon this YouTube video of the plane/Obama banner I talked about in a previous post. Here it is. Feel free to "fast forward" to about 2 minutes in. Prior to that, it's pretty boring and consists of 2 people unrolling a banner onto a field. Not that the remaining time is unbridled excitement, but you can see what I saw. Since that's everyone's goal.

3 Comments:

At 11/05/2008 7:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I missed Tim Russert and his whiteboard tally.

 
At 11/05/2008 7:24 PM, Blogger Emily said...

One of the networks (don't know which one...not one I was watching) apparently were using holographic people to comment(ate). HOLOGRAMS. Criminy.

Your little girl just finished eating and let out a big ol' burp, fyi.

 
At 11/06/2008 12:27 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

They weren't actually holograms!

On the news this morning they said the recount will include previously tossed out ballots that were unreadable by the machines. They didn't count those the first time??? I got to thinking about unreadable ballots and wondered about the demographic that would create an unreadable ballot. I decided they were probably older people. I think the exit polls showed that people 65 and older were more liberal for some reason. I hope it works!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home