Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Get Off My Lawn
Damn Kids

Update on my A/V situation (I know you've all been waiting with bated breath for an update on this):

I purchased the 4-way AV selector switch from Radio Shack. It's working swell. So now I can have all my peripherals plugged in to my TV. Awesome. Just as I finally get a dtv converter box (omg! time's running out!), the government decides to roll back the switchover time from February to June. Jeesh. I guess this is good for me though, as I can use the converter box when I'm at home watching TV and get better reception, but as long as the "normal" antenna stuff is still working, I can record stuff on a timer by shutting off the converter box. Yeah. Anyway...

Joleen and Sunny have officially moved out of Australia and are now backpacking around New Zealand. For 6 weeks. Then on to southeast Asia.

My neighbors are being INCREDIBLY loud. As in, the movie they're watching is turned up to the max. Which is why I'm blogging, since I was having an impossible time concentrating on thinking about readings and other stuff I should be doing. Yes Sarah, I KNOW I need to talk to my landlord about it. Tonight was the clincher. Ugh.

I'm drinking hot chocolate.

I think the apartment building a block from me had a big fire tonight. Not sure, though.

Has anyone other than Sarah seen Milk? If so, what did you think of it? Should I make a point to go see it, even though I'd have to be pathetic and see it alone? How about The Mysterious Case of Benjamin Button? Why am I kind of annoyed with Brad Pitt these days? Mystery.

Okay, back to my readings...

11 Comments:

At 1/29/2009 12:44 AM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

What's pathetic about seeing them alone? I do it all the time. I guess I am pathetic though. :(

I don't want to see B. Button at all. I'm off love stories at the mo. I also don't really want to see Milk. I guess that doesn't help you at all.

 
At 1/29/2009 12:46 AM, Blogger Emily said...

I don't really think it's pathetic. I've seem movies alone, too. I was just taking the "I have to do things alone" thing to the extreme.

 
At 1/29/2009 12:48 AM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Sure, nice cover up! ;) Kidding. I'm definitely pathetic to the extreme. But for other reasons than seeing movies alone.

 
At 1/29/2009 12:49 AM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

than JUST seeing movies alone.

Remember when S used to have a goal as eating in a sit down restaurant alone?

There's a song that's on the radio right now that says "I'm sorry I misleaded you". It REALLY bothers me.

 
At 1/29/2009 8:11 AM, Blogger Candy said...

Haha... I like the title of this post.

Randomly (well, not entirely because your mention of New Zealand made me think of it): have you watched The Flight of the Conchords?

I haven't seen Milk or Benjamin Button. I wouldn't mind seeing Milk, though. I heard B. Button wasn't so good from some people.

I don't think it's pathetic to see movies alone. I actually had it as one of my goals to do that sometime. I think it shows a bit of independence. I also had it as a goal to eat in a sit-down restaurant alone, though, too...I did that on my 24th birthday and totally depressed myself. Yeah, it felt pathetic. Maybe that was the combo birthday/alone thing, though...

 
At 1/29/2009 9:27 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Birthday meal alone...Candy, you're a real downer. I shall go to a movie and dinner date with myself next month...maybe on my birthday!

That last part was just a slick way of me telling you all that my birthday is less than one month away!!!

 
At 1/29/2009 10:01 PM, Blogger Emily said...

Did you just use the word "slick?" OK, grandma...

"Wow, those slacks are real slick! Now I'm going to go sit on the davenport for a spell."

 
At 1/30/2009 6:48 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Is spell supposed to mean nap? Never heard that one before!

 
At 1/30/2009 6:54 PM, Blogger Emily said...

No, a spell is a period of time.

From dictionary.com:

"4. an indefinite interval or space of time: Come visit us for a spell."

 
At 1/30/2009 7:10 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

You're both wrong. It means to say what letters make up a word.

 
At 2/07/2009 8:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brad Pitt kind of annoys me right now too. But not as much as Tom Cruise.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home