Thursday, January 15, 2009

Battle of the Rodents
Gophers v. Badgers

I went to Babe's tonight to watch the Badger-Gopher basketball game with Sarah. It was an exciting game, but ultimately very disappointing as the Badgers threw the game away and ended up losing in OT. Oh well.

I survived the extreme cold today. I bundled up. By the time I got to the bus stop, I was doing pretty good, except for my legs from mid-thigh to mid-calf, as the only protection they had from the cold was a layer of denim. It got to the point where my thighs were stinging and painful. I was happy when I saw my bus round the curve. I was wearing a scarf that I pulled up past my nose. Which reminded me of another thing I hate about wearing scarves--all the moisture build-up from breathing into it. Ew. They must be laden with germs.

The moisture from my breath caused my hair that fell around my face to frost up, along with my eyelashes. When I got on the bus, the driver laughed at me, in a good-natured way. After sitting on the bus for a few minutes, it felt like I was crying as the frost melted off my eyelashes and ran down my face. It was kind of funny.

Madison schools were canceled. Lots of schools are already canceled for tomorrow as well. I'm betting Madison will cancel. That's makes quite the long weekend for school kids, as they have Monday off as well for Martin Luther King, Jr. Day. A 5 day weekend! Awesome!

Nothing else to say. Over and out.

2 Comments:

At 1/16/2009 2:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay gophers rule badgers drool!!!

 
At 1/16/2009 2:43 AM, Blogger Emily said...

If I recall correctly, you're the one with the drooling problem...

("drool" totally doesn't look like a word to me right now)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home