Wednesday, August 22, 2007

FORECAST: FLOODGATE FAILURE
Everyone, start building your ark!

So, Rochester and the SE Minnesota vicinity had a crap-load of rain this past weekend. Parts of NW Rochester got 11 inches of rain in 24 hours. Holy crikey!! Needless to say, various area were flooded. Rochester actually faired pretty well, due in large part to the massive flood control project that was built after the Flood of '78. But other smaller communities didn't fare so well. Lots of homes got flooded, roads deteriorated, etc. 6-7 people died because of it in SE MN...I don't recall the exact number. Our counties are in a 'State of Emergency.' But life for me is going on exactly as normal. So no worries.

I had to laugh at all the sensational headlines being pumped out. Giant headlines on the front page reading dumbass thing like, "DEADLY DELUGE" and "FLOOD '07"...and other asinine things I can't recall right now. Stupid media hype. Remember how they ruined the Perseids for me?? Bastards.

My cousin got married this weekend during this so-called DEADLY DELUGE. The wedding went off without a hitch and everyone got home fine. Although we did drive through a mildly flooded intersection on the way home. Glad I was in an SUV. Anyway, I have included a video here of Riley dancing at the wedding. Because I think it's funny. Sorry it's sideways, but I always forget that I have to film things in landscape mode on my camera. I used a program to rotate it the correct way, but vsocial for some reason doesn't let me upload that one. Hmm. Anyway, she does an especially fine move towards the end of the song. (as an informational aside, the next song played was Motley Crue's 'Shout at the Devil'...which Riley seemed to enjoy just as much). Also included is a family pic, sans Brian and Joleen.




So, I was looking through my mom's computer's video files via our network, and I came across an abhorrent piece of video-art. I was first and foremost ashamed that my mom had it saved on her computer. I can only hope she downloaded it from one of the 9 billion email forwards she gets without knowing what it was. Anyway, it's a bunch of "patriotic" images being shown to the tune of an incredibly annoying country song apparently entitled "In God We Still Trust." I watched it and almost vomited in my mouth. When I was laughing hysterical while simultaneously crying inside, that is. This contains some of the most hilarious patriotic photo-shopped images ever. You know, the eagle and cloud and flag images. Man, it's great. But it absolutely pisses me off that this person is completely ignorant regarding the founding beliefs of America. Hey fuck-head...the US wasn't founded to be a religious country...actually the contrary. And many of our founding fathers weren't even Christian...some quite possibly atheist, actually. Man. The human race. Love to hate 'em...or something...



So I'm leaving tomorrow to start my WEEKEND OF FUN with Liz. We're heading to Madison tomorrow evening to see Sarah for a short spell before we hightail it on Thursday to Chicago! Yee-hawsers! Why are we going to Chicago, you may ask? Well, I'll tell you. And keep your damn judgments to yourselves! We're going to a Stargate Convention! Yay!!! We get to see Michael Shanks! Yay!!! It's weird how only sci-fi shows have conventions. And the thing is, if any other popular show had a convention (say 'Grey's Anatomy' for argument's sake) then TONS of people would want to go to it...I mean, I'm sure lots of people would love to go somewhere to hear Patrick Dempsey et al give a talk and sign autographs and have photo ops. Bt just because conventions happen to feature sci-fi shows, people view them as freaky and weird. Whatev. MICHAEL SHANKS!!!!

4 Comments:

At 8/22/2007 1:02 PM, Blogger Candy said...

I'm gonna be in Chicago this weekend, too! Woo! Jake and I fly in Saturday morning and we're going to Dan's wedding Sunday afternoon.

Where's the Stargate convention? Are you two busy all weekend?

 
At 8/22/2007 9:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, that is kinda freaky and weird.

 
At 8/28/2007 9:24 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

THE STORM OF TWENTY 07

 
At 8/28/2007 9:27 PM, Blogger Emily said...

What's freaky and weird? The convention or the video??

I'm guessing the video, since you went to a Star Trek convention with me a while back... ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home