Thursday, September 06, 2007

Signed, Sealed, Delivered
I'm yours!

Look at all my pretty autographed photos! Autographs make me laugh. I mean, wtf am I going to do with any of these? Answer: stick them in a folder in my closet. What's the point, really? The point being they came with my ticket so I may as well get my money's worth! And in the case of Michael Shanks, it's another opportunity to get close to him. :)

________________________________________

This here is Morena Baccarin. Her character is evil. In a religious fanatic type of way.
________________________________________

This is Paul McGillion. He insisted upon personalizing everyone's autograph even though it was holding the line up and the event organizers were getting a bit angry at him for it. After he signed the photo I said to him, "Thanks a million, McGillion!" I thought it was pretty clever as it just popped into my head. His response?--"Oh, like I've never heard that one before!" :) He's Scottish, but doesn't really have an accent (I think he grew up in Canada or something). He has a Scottish accent on the show, however. I was really taken aback at the Breakfast when he sat down at our table and spoke in a "normal" accent. I had to ask him if he was toning his accent down or if he exaggerated it on the show. The answer was the latter.
________________________________________

This is Teryl Rothery. She had to cancel at the 'last minute' (a couple weeks prior) due to work obligations. Which was a bummer because I like her and I heard she's a riot at conventions. Oh well. They gave us all pre-signed photos of her, which was nice.
________________________________________

This is Carmen Argenziano. His autograph line also took forever because he was personalizing them all.
________________________________________

This is Cliff Simon, the dude from South Africa. Liz and I were trying to figure out what that thing on his neck is. We still haven't figured it out. I think it looks like a mini triceratops. But Stargate has never had an episode featuring dinosaurs, nonetheless mini dinosaurs, so I don't think that's it. Can anyone tell what it might be? I asked him as he was signing it. He also didn't know.
________________________________________

Here is Jay Acovone. There was only one photo available to buy to have him sign. Neither Liz nor I liked it. It had the portion you see above, plus another picture of him attacking Samantha Carter. It was just weird because that part seemed to feature Sam more than him. So I cropped it out for online purposes. Hmm, I meant to take out the text on top (name of the episode the pics are from), but I forgot. Whatev.
_________________________________________

Last, but definitely not least, is Michael Shanks. I think he looks cute in this picture, but the black bar thing along the bottom kind of annoyed Liz and I. We were hoping maybe he'd sign on it, but he didn't. It's a picture from an episode. I think he might be standing in front of a railing, or something.
________________________________________

And this is what our tickets looked like. Awesome, I know. As you can see, my seat was F12 (or F13 since Liz and I switched around).

2 Comments:

At 9/06/2007 7:46 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

i laughed a lot that you cropped out sam in the BLLLLLLACK CHEST photo. i am jealous of you because you have a scanner - i had to try to take photos of mine, which is impossible because they are glossy.

 
At 11/01/2010 5:19 AM, Anonymous carolyn said...

i'm pretty sure the alien thingy on cliff's neck is actualy some crazy staff thing he was parading around with in the summit episode.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home