Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Happy Halloween!
Trick or treat, smell my feet, give me something good to eat!

It's Halloween time again! Man, I love Halloween. How do other countries other than the US celebrate Halloween? Do other countries' children go trick-or-treating? I was reading about it on Wikipedia, and apparently trick-or-treating didn't really take off until the 1950s. But my mom said that my grandpa used to wear masks and stuff when he was young, so some form of Halloween celebration did go on in the 1920s. I guess the Irish and Scottish immigrants brought the Halloween culture to America back in the day. And it's taken off and evolved from there. Or something.

Trick-or-treating was awesome. I once got 9 lbs of candy on Halloween. Seriously. I weighed it. Trick-or-treating for me growing up was truly a marathon event. We're talking hours of frantic door-to-door action. I probably canvassed half our city. The best part was dumping it all out at the end of the night, organizing it all into piles, then trading with your friends/family. Man, the good ol' days...

Haunted houses scared the shit out of me. Even now, I think they'd seriously freak me out. I once cried in the middle of one. I think I was in 4th grade.

Pumpkin carving was also great. IS great. Joleen and I carved them last night. We made silly ones instead of scary ones. Joleen's jack-o-lantern is on the left, mine's on the right.

I went to a Halloween party with Liz this past weekend. One of Liz's co-workers hosted it. It was pretty fun. It involved a scavenger hunt that was WAY too smart for me. I was an evil sorceress. Liz was an angel. She made her own costume. It was very nice, especially the wings.

I decided to look back at my Halloween costumes throughout the years. Then I decided to share them. Enjoy. There's one for every year of my life, except 2003. What did we do for Halloween in 2003?? The only thing I can think of is that it was the year we waited in line for basketball tickets on Halloween weekend. Did we totally forgo Halloween that year??


























Hey, my first post on this new blog (EmilyNOTinKorea) was made on Halloween of last year. It's this blog's 1 year anniversary!

3 Comments:

At 10/31/2007 10:07 AM, Blogger Candy said...

The Care Bear costume is the best...hands down! I love the gigantic head!

 
At 10/31/2007 5:05 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

i love how some of your costumes are nearly the exact same ones as what i wore. joleen's pirate one is mine from 6th grade. we modeled mine to be just like the one on the front of the pattern book...joleen and your mom must have done the same!! i like the Care Bear costume the best, too!

2003 was basketball line year.

 
At 11/02/2007 6:42 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

I don't like that picture of me. My costume makes me look like a blob. The one of you and me where you have the wig on is funny. Didn't we label it AZZBOBO?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home