Thursday, September 06, 2007

Oh, The Horror!!!
I may as well be without an ARM!

So. I spent a lot of time communicating with Dell today. Sarah, feel free not to read this since I already told you the whole boring story via the good ol' fashioned telephone. Anyway.

Back on June 4th I extended my computer warranty with Dell. In doing so, I was promised $75 to spend on the Dell site. Well, it's been 3 months and so far I hadn't received any news on the promised $75. Wtf? I finally got fed up and called to see what the biznatch was up. After calling a billion different numbers (I'm sorry, but you called the wrong dept. Try this number) and being given automated options that had nothing to do with what I wanted to inquire about (I NEED A REAL PERSON HERE, PEOPLE!), I finally reached someone in the correct region of India. Awesome. Tdoomi gkamon atcho? That's "How are you?" in Bengali for all you ignoramuses.

My problem has been given a case number and I am assured that there is a crack team of investigators solving my issue. It better get solved soon, dammit. I want to spend my as-of-yet unreceived money!

So then I got to thinking about my computer. Recently (or actually not so recently) I've been noticing that it gets quite hot after being on for not that long. Hotter than I suspect it should get. I also noticed that the vent to the right of my keyboard was failing to intake air. The right side of my computer is the side that gets exceptionally hot and nearly burns off the flesh from my thigh. So I contacted Dell regarding this problem again. This time I contacted them via online tech support--an online "chat," if you will. Usually they have you run all these diagnostics and shit before finally coming to some sort of conclusion. This time it was like this:

Christopherson JEmily: Yeah, so my computer gets really hot. Hotter than it should. The vent to the right of my keyboard does not intake air. Is this normal?

Jaspreet_117846: Can you clean it with an air can?

Christopherson JEmily: No, I don't have one available. And it does not appear to be clogged.

Jaspreet_117846: Ok, we need to send it to the Depot to be repaired and fixed. We will send DHL to bring you a box in which you will place your computer. Then they will take it from you to be brought in for repairs. You will get your computer back 5-8 days after we receive your computer.

Uhh...ok. One and a half hours later some dude arrived and took my computer. I'm a bit freaked out that a) something will go wrong and all my data will be lost. b) DHL guy didn't properly seal or label my box and it will get lost. He seemed a bit incompetent and left my house with the box completely unlabeled and untaped. I hope he fixed it all up in his truck.

So anyway, long story short, I am without my computer for a week. AHHHHHH!!! What will I do?!?!? I feel like an appendage has been ripped off my body. Everything moved so fast! I hope most of my stuff is backed up on cds/dvds/my iPod. Huh.

I need to look for apartments in Madison.

I need a fucking job.

I need my computer back!!!

6 Comments:

At 9/07/2007 7:31 PM, Blogger Candy said...

I think I'd freak out too if someone came and took my computer away...I hope it turns out okay...

You're moving to Madison? Whereabouts do you want to live? Near Sarah?

 
At 9/07/2007 8:58 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Why did you change your name to Jemily?

 
At 9/07/2007 9:46 PM, Blogger Emily said...

Yes, I am fairly positive I'm moving to Madison. I'll live wherever I can find a place that's not a dump but not WAAY expensive. Probably on the west side somewhere.

I didn't change it to JEmily, it just said that when I chatted...it's what it gleaned from my account info, apparently.

Which reminds me of Paul McGillion and Esexy. :D :D e-sexy!

 
At 9/07/2007 9:47 PM, Blogger Emily said...

The J being from Jane...

 
At 9/08/2007 1:16 AM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

The sexy of the information age!

 
At 9/08/2007 9:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dell sucks
i was on the phone with them today too to send back something that should never have been shipped to me. I also spoke with someone from India.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home