Monday, May 19, 2008

You Are Dumb
And what was the fucking deal?

I was cleaning out my bookmarks (no, I don't need to keep the 60 school district sites I book-marked back when I thought I was going to be a teacher and had to apply for teaching jobs), and I re-found a blog that I think is really funny and entertaining. It's called You Are Dumb. As he says on the info page:
"Why make fun of dumb people? First, because it's funny. And second, because one of the main points of this column is that dumb people ruin things for the rest of us. From the guy with the cart full of stuff in the express lane to the president who can't pronounce "nuclear", dumb people make life worse every single day, yet rarely reap the consequences. This column is a tiny bit of payback."
He's liberal. So if you're conservative, you probably won't enjoy his site. And who are you, because as far as I know, I don't have any conservative friends. It's goes against my religion. Anyway, I was surfing through his comments from this past week, and had a good laugh at this post. In a nutshell (for those of you too lazy to go and read it yourself), it talks about how with the rise of the information age/internet people can find an answer to pretty much anything at any time. Because of this, when you want to find the answer to something and can't, it's all the more frustrating and aggravating.

Example #1: What was the deal with that confluence of fire trucks and ambulances next door last night at 2:30am?

Example #2: What was the deal with all that honking and yelling at 4:15am in your apartment building parking lot last night?

Example #3: What's the deal with the person in the apartment next to you? Why must he play his bass between the hours of midnight and 3:30am?

Anyway, he suggests the advent of a new website called www.whatwasthefuckingdeal.com. Everyone, by law, must submit to the website any loud activity that they are involved in if it's between the hours of midnight and 5am. Therefore, if you are roused from slumber, you can log on to this site and do an address search to figure out what exactly was the commotion that caused you to lose precious sleep. Or as he says, "If you're going to rob me of that vital resource [sleep] because you can't manage your fucking life, then the least you can do is repay me with the specific, entertaining details of your inability to get your shit together."

1 Comments:

At 5/20/2008 7:59 AM, Blogger Candy said...

Nice. I'm getting the RSS feed for You Are Dumb now. It is pretty funny. Today he wrote about G4's new show "Hurl". Hilarious.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home