Friday, December 28, 2007

Holiday Interlude

I opened two gifts this Christmas. Seeing as I was the one who'd physically ordered them (online), I knew exactly what I was getting. What did I receive, you're all wondering? An external hard drive for my computer (250 GB, how on Earth would anyone utilize all this space?) and a Wacom pen tablet for my computer. If those aren't gifts for dorks, I don't know what are. Pocket protector? (Too cliched) Tickets to Jersey Boys? (Kidding, Sarah) Anything Liz got? (What did you get, Liz?) Actually, how about my two stocking stuffer requests: a coffee brush and a plastic butter dish. Those are pretty dorky, as well.

When I was little I used to unwrap my presents under the tree and then re-wrap them. I'd also sneak peeks in my parent's closet at the "hidden" gifts. I have an insatiable amount of curiosity that I can't control. It's bad. Did anyone NOT try to figure out what they'd got prior to opening them up?

I got a haircut today. When I feel like it I'll take a picture and put it up here.

I'm hijacking my neighbor's internet connection right now, so my speed's a bit slow. I don't want to try uploading any pictures.

Over and Out.

7 Comments:

At 12/28/2007 11:33 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

okay. you must elaborate on this haircut. what are your feelings on it? how short? layered? don't leave us hanging here!!

 
At 12/29/2007 3:48 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Are you saying I always get dorky gifts? I got an ipod stereo thingy, a massage cushion, and a ring as my big ones. (Yes, it was an engagement ring).

 
At 12/29/2007 4:58 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

sweet. a pear shaped yellow canary diamond?? 2-3 carats??

 
At 1/01/2008 7:52 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Canary yellow? No way. White is the only way to go.

What the hell is a coffee brush?

 
At 1/02/2008 8:44 AM, Blogger Candy said...

Somehow I think you will be able to use 250 GB at some point. I've nearly used up all of my 60GB on my laptop, which I can't understand at all...I really need to do some cleaning up on that thing.

Yeah, really, what is a coffee brush? Is it for cleaning your coffee pot or something?

 
At 1/02/2008 2:49 PM, Blogger Emily said...

Let's say you buy whole coffee beans. You then need to grind these beans in a coffee grinder. You then need to transfer these grounds to the coffee filter. Oh no! There are all kinds of coffee grounds that stick to the inside of the grinder!! What to do?!? Well, you use your little coffee brush to sweep out the inside of the grinder so it's all clean (looking) again.

That, my friends, is a coffee brush.

 
At 1/03/2008 11:10 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

I just tried to think of some kind of snide comment to make about the coffee brush, but couldn't, but still wanted to say something, hence this comment here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home