Tuesday, May 27, 2008

My Week
(And a few video extras)

Sarah said to me today, "Jesus Christ, Emily, I've spent way too much time with you this week." Ok, so she didn't say that exactly, but that's kind of how it sounded. Then I mocked indignation. Then we had ice cream.

This is what we did together this past week (of what I can remember):

1. (Tuesday...I think) Went on a walk where we encountered 2 people Sarah has worked with, then had some Michael's Frozen Custard.

2. (Wednesday) We went to a Korean restaurant called New Seoul with Nikki. We were supposed to meet Brittany and Jameson there, but due to a mix-up, it ended up just being me, Sarah, and Nikki. We had kimbap for an appetizer (yum). Nikki and Sarah both got dolsot bibimbap. I got kimchi chiggae. It wasn't that great. It wasn't spicy at all and tasted a bit watered down. Maybe they thought they had to dilute it since I was a whitey. Who knows? Their kimchi wasn't too bad, and rounding out their banchan were these potato wedge things that had a sweet glaze stuff on them (I always liked these), and some white stringy radish kimchi. All were pretty good. Only 3 banchan, though? Kinda slim. Lots of Koreans there, though. Good sign, I'd guess.

The bad sign? The agonizing case of food poisoning I developed at 3am that night. Oh. My. God. I thought I was going to die. Seriously. I had no idea what was wrong with me. It was one of the most painful things I've ever endured. I began to worry that my appendix was exploding, or something. I was trying to self-diagnose using online guides. I didn't think it was any internal organ rupture (shudder), but it hurt so bad I was seriously wondering if I should go to the hospital. Then thought about how I don't even know where the nearest hospital is. then remembered that I don't have health insurance. Hmmm, let's nix the hospital idea. Then I violently threw up for an hour or so and had to check to make sure I wasn't upchucking my liver or kidney or something. I was sweating and chilled. I was moaning and roving throughout my apartment, draping myself across any and all surfaces, trying to escape the hideous pain wracking through my body. No luck. Finally, at about 5am, it became tolerable enough where I returned to bed and fell asleep. I hope to never experience that again. The only good thing about the night was that I was spared the ailment of rectal explosions.

3. (Friday) Went on a walk with Sarah in the UW Arboretum. We climbed a tree. Yay for tree climbing! We then went to the brat fest with her parents. The World's Biggest Brat Fest! I got a brat, even though I don't like them. I thought I'd contribute to reaching their goal of 200,000 brats sold this weekend.

4. (Saturday) Went to the Farmer's Market with Sarah. I got some tulips and jerky. We then went to Greenbush Bakery to get donuts, since our favorite donut people at the Farmer's Market are no longer there. Then we went to the public library, I think. Got some DVDs. Sarah got a $20 parking ticket. (ouch) I think we did something else today, but I can't remember what.

5. (Monday) Went to the brat fest, again. I got hot dogs. Screw their goal. Then we went and hiked to Picnic Point where we sat on a tree over Lake Mendota for a while and saw a beaver/otter/muskrat/Loch Ness Monster. Then we went and got ice cream at The Chocolate Shoppe and split a burger and fries at Dotty Dumpling's Dowry. Then I went home.

I think I mixed up our Friday and Saturday, but I don't remember. Huh.

Now for some entertainment. Because I don't think the world should go without seeing Joleen dance, here is a video of her practicing her moves outside our house (before leaving for Oz, obviously):



And here is Part 1 of a movie me, Sarah, Liz, and Brighton made when we lived in our Johnson street apartment. It's the weirdest movie EVER. It started after a conversation we had about our apartment being haunted, since I swear I saw a ghost while peeing one night, and Liz had some weird things go on, too. Not while peeing, though. But then we went off on a tangent, and it gets weirder and weirder...



Behind-the-Scenes fact: No one is actually urinating in this video. Sound effects created by Sarah standing in the bathtub, pouring water from one cup into another. Lens-cap action is supposed to be blinking. I bet you can't wait for Part 2, eh??? It's my favorite scene. :)

5 Comments:

At 5/27/2008 3:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I don't remember giving you the rights to air that footage!!!
Do you think I'm ready for "So you think you can dance?"

 
At 5/28/2008 10:14 AM, Blogger Emily said...

I knew you'd give permission to post in a heartbeat. Who wouldn't want to show off those moves???

Remember when I was trying to learn the running man and you could not stop laughing at me? I think my deep-seated fears of dancing can be pin-pointed to that moment.

 
At 5/28/2008 9:35 PM, Blogger Candy said...

Oooh...cool horror footage! I'm impressed with the camera work.

 
At 5/28/2008 9:44 PM, Blogger Emily said...

I know? Isn't it impressive?? Totally ready for the big screen. If only we'd filmed in high-def...

 
At 5/29/2008 6:40 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Camera work? That's all me, man! :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home