Monday, March 09, 2009

Randomocity

So, I find myself with a little unexpected time this morning. Therefore, I will write a completely random post (I don't really have anything to say).

I just saw this article today: More Americans say they have no religion
Apparently about 15% of Americans say they have no religion. But I think all but 3 of those percents believe in some sort of God, just not an organized religion God. Which would make 3% atheist? I don't know, it was a little confusing how they presented the numbers. And there are a lot more Evangelicals/born-again Christians out there than I thought (34% of adults).

This picture of Sunny in New Zealand makes me laugh every time I look at it:

And they went zorbing. Awesome!! They leave for Vietnam on the 13th, I believe.

I went to the Badger game v. Indiana with Sarah last night. It was the last regular season game and was senior night, so they had a nice senior tribute video. We handily won. Yay. Indiana is 1-17 this season (BT play). Ouch. The only BT team they beat was Iowa. Who also sucks this year.

And a little bit of chef heroism: "There's a 'roo in my room!"

...And that's all I can think of to write.

2 Comments:

At 3/10/2009 11:29 AM, Blogger Candy said...

Hi, I'll leave some random comments for your random post.

Zorbing does sound awesome. Let's find weird random sporting activities to get into. I'm playing Whirlyball at the end of May.

My favorite part of that kangaroo story was that the man actually got it into a headlock.

Hope you're having a good day!

 
At 3/15/2009 4:31 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

I went to church today (you know I'm a practicing Cultural Catholic) and learned about St. Paul. All of a sudden, after the priest mentioned that St. P was a persecutor, a Rolling Stones lyric popped into my head from the song Saint of Me:

"Saint Paul the persecutor
Was a cruel and sinful man
Jesus hit him with a blinding light
And then his life began
I said yeah"

It was one of those crazy rock/religious moments. Seriously crazy. Well, it made my morning. It still is making me smile. :)

Thinking back on the moment, maybe I should have risen and sung the song out for all to enjoy and learn from. WWMD? What Would Mick Do?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home