Sunday, April 26, 2009

Vampires vs. Cults vs. Zombies

Three movies based on Richard Matheson's I Am Legend (1954):

The Last Man on Earth (1964): Vincent Price and vampires.

The Omega Man (1971): Charlton Heston and cult members.

I Am Legend (2007): Will Smith and zombies.

The Last Man on Earth is probably the most true to the novel. I enjoyed I Am Legend the most, even though certain aspects of it annoyed me. The Omega Man was probably the worst. Doesn't help that I'm not a big fan of Charlton Heston. Plus, the bad/infected people were really not scary and pretty stupid. Huh, I just read that a prequel to (the movie) I Am Legend is due in 2011.

Hey, Liz--you should get The Last Man on Earth from Netflix; it comes as a double feature along with Panic in Year Zero, which is another post-apocalyptic movie (nuclear-related). It's not bad, in an old movie sort of way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home