Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Happy New Year!!!
How long will it take me to get used to writing 2008?

This New Year's Eve I drove to the Twin Cities and went over to Laura and Michael's apartment with Liz. It was fun. We played Guitar Hero, SingStar (or something...I can never remember the name of it), and some sports games on Wii. It was funny making a mii of me on the Wii. I dubbed it my 7th grade picture mii, since the smile we chose was my 7th grade photo smile. I should put a picture of it up here if I can find it... I was very excited because I successfully graduated from 'easy' to 'medium' on Guitar Hero. Hey, it was only my 2nd time playing! I came in last in bowling, but won the baseball game vs. Liz and even had a 3-run homer. Woo-hoo!!!

Here's the gang, sporting the New Year's gear I brought over. And drinking the $5 bottle of champagne I bought earlier. I'm all about quality. Plus, we all flew to the Swedish fjords for a quick New Year's snapshot. That was a hoot. And a holler.


Christmas in Rochester
During which I was one of the lucky few who didn't get the Christmas Flu

So, we celebrated Christmas. The extended family came over. We played some games. Revelry was had. We opened presents. Yay. Here're some pics:

Brian and Nora:

Brian, Shannon, Nora, and Riley:


Riley, playing with her new tool set while wearing necklaces from her new dress-up bin:


Why Wicket Deserves All the Treats She Wants
Cruelty to animals?

Wicket is a California dog. She does not like the cold Minnesota weather and snow. Therefore, she does not go on walks. So, my mom bought her a sweater and little tiny boots. Yeah. To say that Wicket doesn't like to wear clothing is an understatement. And boots? Even worse. Apparently my mom has a video of this. I should find it and post it.


As if that weren't humiliation enough, prior to leaving for Australia, Sunny had made her a jazzercise outfit. Out of one of those stretchy gloves. Fingers = leg warmers. Wrist part = head band. Hand part = shirt. She wouldn't move. No jazzercise for Wicket.



And to appease Sarah, here is a pic of my new haircut. Although 1) I posted a pic of me on New Year's where I have my new haircut, and 2) I'll probably see Sarah soon, anyway. Whatev.

5 Comments:

At 1/02/2008 10:22 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

ok, i don't know if you'll get mad at this, but that picture of you looks kind of like bjork. oh, i see, the baseball game is mentioned. ahem, i came in 2nd on bowling, and i semi-successfully graduated from medium to hard on guitar hero. i could not sing because my throat gave out. emily: my voice was even worse today! it was tough to go to work. great pictures of everyone! (except the one of me)

 
At 1/02/2008 10:33 PM, Blogger Emily said...

Bjork??

Hmmm. Maybe I don't really know what she looks like. But it doesn't make me mad in any way. Unless you're telling me I look like I'm wearing a giant swan dress (will she ever live that down?).

We totally rocked that Rihanna S.O.S. song. Right...

 
At 1/02/2008 11:15 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Yes, actually I did mean the swan dress. Your mouth just looks like hers and you appear to have a similar face shape, with prominent cheek bones. That was probably the worst singing performance I've ever done.

 
At 1/03/2008 8:03 PM, Blogger Candy said...

The Wicket pictures in the Jazzercise outfit make me laugh. Oh, dogs in clothes...

Did we once make an outfit for Wicket out of a sock when we lived in the Mifflin apt.?

 
At 1/15/2008 3:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's pretty obvious that the dog's owner is Korean, ha ha. Man, I hated seeing bootees on dogs there!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home