Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Randomness
And I may have a terminal disease

I'm still awaiting the news on whether or not I made it into the Convance study. I'm worried I won't, because I got my CBC (complete blood count) results and I apparently have a high white blood cell count. Which could mean I have anemia, an infection, or leukemia (among other fun things). I actually had 2 CBCs done because the results were high in the first one. They were even worse in the second. Bu tI had a decently bad cold the next few days, so I'm hoping it was from my body fighting that off. Or something. And not leukemia.

On the positive side, my pregnancy, hepatitis, and HIV/AIDS tests came back negative. Yay! I don't have HIV! That knowledge will come in helpful for my line of lovers.

I went in for my second say of training at Sylvan today. Which meant I watched a video and filled out a packet. I go in next on Monday where I observe for a few hours. I'm going to be teaching study skills, apparently. Joleen, what did you teach when you worked at Sylvan?

My apartment smells like meatloaf because I made it for dinner. The smell is slightly nauseating.

I'm going to the Badger-Mich St basketball game with Sarah tomorrow. Go Badgers!!! I owe Sarah $5.

I saw Charlie Shortino (local weatherman) at the grocery store this afternoon. He perused the soup selection after I did.

I made cookies the other day. They turned out kinda flat. I seem to have this problem a lot. And I'm addicted to making cookies. I don't even really like to eat them, just bake them. This time I made peanut butter chocolate chip cookies. They tasted good out of the oven, but now they're too crispy. Plus, I baked them less than the instructions said. And yes, Sarah, I did put them in a ziploc bag.

OH!!! That reminds me--what is ZipLoc's main competitor? Sarah and I couldn't remember and it is driving me NUTS. You know, the brand that has the blue and yellow sealing parts that turn green when they're sealed properly? What brand is that???? Please, someone let me know!! (I should have looked when I was in the grocery store today, but I forgot. I also forgot to buy coffee. BAST!)

4 Comments:

At 2/27/2008 10:54 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

I'm going to be watching that game on my date. Yup, I have a date, and it's to watch the Badger-Mich State game.

 
At 2/27/2008 10:55 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Glad?

 
At 2/28/2008 5:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah it's Glad.
I taught everything at Sylvan.
Study Skills is the hardest I think because the program is pretty stupid and to make it productive you have to make it up as you go along basically.

 
At 2/28/2008 9:38 AM, Blogger Emily said...

The funny thing is, I dreamed about Glad last night. Well, in the dream I was trying to remember the brand and in my dream I DID remember the brand. And it was Glad. Or GLAD. Whatever.

I had no idea I was THAT invested in figuring it out.

I suddenly feel sick. Ugh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home