Thursday, February 14, 2008

To Barack Or Not To Barack?
That is the question...

I went to a Barack Obama rally the other night at the Kohl Center. I'm still not entirely sure who I want to vote for in the WI primary this coming Tuesday. I just have a problem with Hillary because then I'd feel like the US would be turning into an oligarchy, or something. Bush, Clinton, Bush, Clinton...(assuming the Dems win over the Repubs...let's all hope). Anyway, we waited in a big mass outside the Kohl Center for a while...it was taking forever for people to enter. I don't know what the deal was with that. I guess since they were searching bags and stuff. So by the time we got in, all seats in the Kohl Center were already filled...all 3 levels...over 17,000 seat. Geez! But we braved the lame-o security guards yelling at us and hopped over a guard rail to sit in some private box seats. Pretty sweet. I think people let us stay there because we were with a pregnant lady and a baby (Sarah's sister-in-law and nephew). Owen (age 2.5) was really cute--"Owen, who are you going to see tonight?" "Barack Obama!" "What is he going to be?" "The President!" Hahaha!!! At some point, some small contingent of people (10 or less) started chanting "USA! USA!" But, thankfully, it didn't catch on and everyone ignored them.

I subbed for a Spanish class in a middle school today. It was ok, but man...the kids were a bit wild. I'm not a fan of middle schoolers in Madison. !Feliz Dia de San Valentin!

My dad sent me flowers yesterday for Valentine's Day. :)

Uhh, nothing else to say.

1 Comments:

At 2/16/2008 7:22 AM, Blogger Candy said...

So, if you're not sure who to vote for, what makes you hesitant about Obama?

I'm jealous that you got to see him speak. He came to the high school here, but I didn't hear about it until the day afterward.

There's been a lot of Obama enthusiasm 'round here. About two weeks before the primary here, Jake and I were in Chinatown and Obama supporters were chanting and dancing on every street corner. They had a good chant going of "Obama '08!Obama '08!", when I heard a hefty white dude yell from behind them "Obama? al-Qaeda!" Lord. I hope there are that many idiots out there. And, if there are a whole bunch of idiots out there...please tell me they're not voting. That's the thing I'm most afraid of if Barack is the nominee. Ignorant, bigoted people.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home