Thursday, February 21, 2008

There's Nothing I Can Do
Total Eclipse of the Moon

So, last night there was a total lunar eclipse. I went out around 9 when it was supposedly "total." It didn't look totally eclipsed, but when I went out a half an hour later it looked the same, so I guess that's what it was "supposed" to look like. It was cool enough, but not mind-blowing. Basically, the moon looked orange. Here's a picture (that I didn't take) for you all to see:


I went in to Covance (the "sell your body to science" place) for a screening to do a study coming up in March in which I'd get paid $1800 for 2 different stays there of 4 days and 3 nights. They took my medical history and took some blood tests and stuff. I had to go back today because I had low something-or-other in my blood. So they had to take another sample. I hope this one's OK, because I want to do the study! I think it might have something to do with low iron (my low count of whatever it was)? I don't know. The study involves taking some pill "that might be helpful in the treatment of low salt in the blood associated with congestive heart failure, liver cirrhosis, and other diseases." Apparently, they've already done a couple studies with the drug using different variables or whatever. The biggest side effect is that it apparently makes you pee a lot more. All in all, doesn't sound too bad.

I also had applied for a part time job at Sylvan Learning Center a while ago and interviewed for it a couple weeks ago. I got called on Monday and was informed that I got the job. Yay! Although I think it's super part time, like 10 hours a week. Better than nothing! I go in on Monday to start my training.

I learned that Jeopardy! is going to be filming their College Championship in Madison at the Kohl Center in April. So I "applied" for tickets (basically, I filled out a form and sent it in the mail). I'm excited about that. Because I'm a dork.

The Oscars are coming up soon. I think I've seen ONE movie that's nominated. Which would be No Country For Old Men. I might see There Will Be Blood with Sarah tonight. I really want to see Atonement. Doubt I'll see it before the Oscars, however. Too bad 27 Dresses wasn't nominated for anything...I did see that!

Hmm, anything else? Can't think of anything. My back is sore from how I've been sitting. Interesting, eh?

1 Comments:

At 2/21/2008 7:54 PM, Blogger Candy said...

What did you think of No Country? I couldn't imagine being that guy...finding the money and thinking, hell, I'm going to try to hold onto this and not tell the cops I found a whole bunch of dead bodies. It did keep me on the edge of my seat, but I couldn't relate to it at all, you know? I also wasn't prepared for the movie to end when it did.

Juno is awesome! If you haven't seen it, you should. I loved it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home